We all know businesses are targeted by Ransomware creators and distributors, but why?
- Because that’s where the money is;
- Because attackers know that ransomware can cause major business disruptions, which will increase their chances of getting paid;
- Because computer systems in companies are often complex and prone to vulnerabilities that can be exploited through technical means;
- Because the human factor is still a huge liability which can also be exploited, but through social engineering tactics;
- Because ransomware can affect not only computers, but also servers and cloud-based file-sharing systems, going deep into a business’s core;
- Because cyber criminals know that business would rather not report ransomware attacks for fears of legal or reputation-related consequences;
- Because small businesses are often unprepared to deal with advanced cyber attacks (which ransomware is) and have a lax BYOD (bring your own device) policy.
Read our blog on how to protect your business from a Ransomware attack here.