We all know businesses are targeted by Ransomware creators and distributors, but why?
- Because that’s where the money is;
- Because attackers know that ransomware can cause major business disruptions, which will increase their chances of getting paid;
- Because computer systems in companies are often complex and prone to vulnerabilities that can be exploited through technical means;
- Because the human factor is still a huge liability which can also be exploited, but through social engineering tactics;
- Because ransomware can affect not only computers, but also servers and cloud-based file-sharing systems, going deep into a business’s core;
- Because cyber criminals know that business would rather not report ransomware attacks for fears of legal or reputation-related consequences;
- Because small businesses are often unprepared to deal with advanced cyber attacks (which ransomware is) and have a lax BYOD (bring your own device) policy.
Read our blog on how to protect your business from a Ransomware attack here.
If you need IT support please don’t hesitate to contact one of our offices today! There’s an office near you, we have offices in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Manchester, Oxford, Peterborough, Swindon and Thames Valley.